Our Club was founded September 9, 1915. Originally, the Country Club consisted of a log house, built in 1828, and 80 acres of land. A number of years later the Board purchased 27 additional acres. D.M. Massie was our first President, C.W. Story, Vice President, and Lyle S. Evans, Secretary-Treasurer. Original dues were established at $20.00 per year for men, $10.00 per year for women, and $5.00 per year for each child.
Through the years many changes and improvements have been made. On a few occasions these were financed by additional stock offerings, assessments and voluntary contributions. However, for the most they were accomplished from Club operations and revenues.
The golf course has been enlarged and altered several times as has been the case of the Club